LocalBlock allows you to stay connected with your neighbours and community using a private neighbourhood website. It's a free service that is designed to make your neighbourhood a safer and better place to live in.
Neighbours use the website to interact on topics such as crime and safety, local events, council issues, local services and even lost pets.
LocalBlock also offers a crime prevention service for members within its communities. Members are kept informed of any suspicious activity and can also inform each other instantly of any urgent crime or safety updates via SMS text message.
Members are using LocalBlock to:
- Alert your community of house break-ins
- Plan a street braai
- Report and discuss issues with your Local Council
- Organise a CPF or Neighborhood Watch Group
- Find a Tutor for you kids
- Ask for help keeping an eye out for a lost dog
- Find a trustworthy babysitter
- Ask if anyone can loan a ladder for an hour
- Track down a reliable gardener
- Create a carpool / ride sharing group
- Sell or give away unwanted goods
- Get to know your neighbours
- Support local businesses
- Make a new friend in your neighbourhood